Wheel Fitting Tool set M12x1.5mm - 2pc kit - Lug Guide Aluminium
2pc Lightweight Aluminium M12 x 1.5 Wheel Fitting Guide Tool set
AutoRacingTechnik produce this simple but useful tool to assist in the fitting of your wheels with ease. Modern wheel and tyre combinations easily weigh over 30kg/79lbs. Moreover a single wheel+tyre is aproaching 700mm/28in in diameter and an average of 300mm/12in wide it is difficult for one person to lift and align wheel bolt holes without a helping hand. A single tool has been tested to safely hold loads of 45kg/99lb when used correctly, and its weight holding ability is extended when used in pairs. Why struggle to align wheel/lug bolt holes and risk getting hurt or scratching/chipping those nicely painted wheels or brake calipers?
Sometimes referred to as a 'wheel hanger', this tool is useful in an emergency and a purposeful addition to your car's onboard tool kit. Only available in anodised aluminium finish. AutoRacingTechnik's Wheel Fitting Guide/Aid Tool gives your vehicle that OEM addition that was lacking when it first left the factory. Perfect for track day events, or when you have a 2nd set of wheels/tyres for winter use. This product is proudly designed and manufactured in Melbourne, Australia.
- 68g lightweight aircraft grade T6061 aluminium ensures strength to hold test load over 45kg/99lbs each
- Corrosion resistant anodised aluminium finish
- Designed to be carried in factory tool roll/bag or glove box or map holder pockets
- Extended 165mm shaft length makes deeper or wider performance wheels easier to slide on or off compared to shorter ones on the market
- Fine knurled end reduces the unnecessary scoring on wheel bolt holes
- End slot allows the use of a screw driver should tool get a little tight to remove
Designed to be carried onboard your vehicle as part of the factory tool kit, it will not corrode or cause serious damage if it gets tossed around in the luggage compartment/front boot while vehicle is in motion like the heavy steel or stainless steel ones. INCORRECT USE OF THIS PRODUCT EXISTS ON THE INTERNET, PLEASE ADHERE TO THE INSTRUCTIONS LAID OUT BY THIS SELLER OR MANUFACTURER (AUTORACINGTECHNIK) TO PREVENT INJURY AND/OR DAMAGE TO WHEEL OR VEHICLE
NOTE: LISTING IS FOR 2 PIECES ALUMINIUM WHEEL FITTING GUIDE/AID TOOL ONLY.
1. Ensure wheel/tyre is raised and not in contact with the ground
2a. When using only 1 Wheel Fitting Guide Tool, rotate wheel or wheel hub so that one wheel bolt hole is resting in the 6 o'clock position. Insert tool into 6 o'clock bolt hole position ensuring at least 8 complete turns are used when screwed in.
2b. When using a pair of Wheel Fitting Guide Tools, rotate wheel or wheel hub so that any 2 wheel bolt holes are resting in the 7 o'clock and 5 o'clock position. Insert 1 tool in 7 o'clock bolt hole position and the other in the 5 o'clock position ensuring at least 8 complete turns are used when screwed in
3. Guide the wheel bolt hole/s of the wheel onto end of tool, then slide wheel in until the centre hub is seated on wheel centre
4. Fit 4 or 3 (when using 2 tools) other wheel bolts and ensure they are hand tight
5. Remove Wheel Fitting Guide Tool/s, then fasten remaining wheel bolt/s
6. Lower vehicle and once tyre is in full contact with the ground, torque wheel bolts to factory recommendation/specifications
1. THIS PRODUCT MUST ONLY BE USED WITH ROAD WHEEL & TYRE OFF THE GROUND IN A SAFE AND SUITABLE MANNER. WHEEL BOLTS/FASTENERS SHOULD NEVER BE COMPLETELY REMOVED WHILE THE TYRE IS STILL IN CONTACT WITH THE GROUND. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY CAUSE WHEEL & TYRE TO SLIP OFF
2. WHEN FITTING OR REMOVING TOOL/S, ENSURE THREADS ARE UNDAMAGED AND CLEAR OF ANY DEBRIS.
3. TOOL/S MUST BE INSERTED WITH A MINIMUM OF 8 COMPLETE TURNS INTO WHEEL HUB THREADS.
4. INCORRECT USE OF THIS PRODUCT EXISTS ON THE INTERNET, PLEASE ADHERE TO THE INSTRUCTIONS LAID OUT BY THIS SELLER OR MANUFACTURER (AUTORACINGTECHNIK) TO PREVENT INJURY AND/OR DAMAGE TO WHEEL OR VEHICLE.
5. THIS SELLER TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR MISUSE OF THIS PRODUCT
Wheel hanger specification
Quantity 2 pieces
Material: T6 6061
Thread length: 25mm
Thread pitch: 12 X 1.5
Made in Australia
2001-2017 Smart ALL
2007-2013 BMW 1-Series E81-E82-E87-E88
1975-2011 BMW 3-Series/M3 E21-E30-E36-E46-E90
1985-2011 BMW 5-Series/M3 E34-E39-E60-E61
1989-2010 BMW 6-Series/M6 E24-E63-E64
1983-2001 BMW 7-Series E23-E32-E38
1996-2004 BMW Z3 E36
2002-2017 BMW Z4 E85-E86
2000-2003 BMW Z8 E52
2009-2015 BMW X1 E84
1982-1993 Mercedes 190 E W201
1995-2007 Mercedes C-Class W202-W203
1984-2002 Mercedes E-Class W124-W210
1972-1991 Mercedes S-Class W116-W126
2008-2011 Mercedes CLC W203
1998-2009 Mercedes CLK W208-W209
1971-2002 Mercedes SL R107-R129
1998-Present Mercedes SLK R170-R171
1997-2003 VW Cabrio
1989-1992 VW Corrado
1985-1998 VW Golf 4-
1981-1998 VW Jetta 4-
1990-1997 VW Passat
1982-1989 VW Quantum
1981-1988 VW Scirocco
2001-2006 Mini Cooper R50-R52-R53-R54